List of Best 10 most frequently asked guide to answering academic job interview questions and answers pdf download free
Guide to Answering Academic Job Interview Questions List
- Please discuss your dissertation/current research project.
- Teaching/situational questions: faced with problem X, how would you solve it; how do you teach (lecture, group work, multimedia classrooms, etc.); which texts do you use and why; on an average day, what would your students do in one of your classes; what assignments do you require and why; discuss your grading policy.
- Questions to ask the committee.
- How have you gone about making your research relevant to communities outside of the university?
- Why are you interested in this position? Alternative: How will you complement our program?
- Where do you see yourself in ten years?
- What is your teaching philosophy?
- If I were to come into your classroom, what would I see? What do you do that is unusual or particularly effective?
- What courses have you taught previously?
- What strengths do you bring to the University, and particularly our department, if you were to be hired here?